Thursday, March 17, 2011

Natalie-Rachel Barcelona :)

It is currently 4:56 and in less than an hour I will be on board a train headed to Madrid. I will then be passing the night in the Madrid airport with tres amigos and tomorrow morning me and Natalie head to Barcelona!! (Hah we keep saying Natalie-Rachel Barcelona, like the movie I think called "Vicky-Christina Barcelona...something like that...Our trip is going to be NOTHING like that, but we're still gonna steal the name...) I am soooo excited! After this week, I feel quite entitled to a vacation ;)

I know I know, you're probably thinking, "shut up Rachel- you're in Spain, your life is a vacation right now" to which I would respond with nothing but laughter. I got my exams back this week...um...embarassing story- it started with everyone having to meet with our Art and Architecture professor to just discuss how we're doing...it ended with me in tears in his office after receiving a 60 on my midterm and having him tell me that my Spanish is just deficient in terms of grammar and expression. The saddest part of this experience is that I worked really hard for that 60...talk about a blow to the ego. (Mom, Dad, please don't freak out about that...I'm trying my best, so let's just not ever talk about this and just hope it works out...) I did get an 85 on my Latin America presentation and my Latin America exam...so that's good :) but yeah- academically; this week just really sucked.

And then I was trying to apply for this internship, and my comp deleted it the first time around...that was awesome...so I just went on a wild goose chase trying to find internet to submit it, and ended up spending 4 euros ($6) to get that submitted...I had to go to two cafes, because the first one after they said they had internet...well the internet was not working...convenient. But anyhow, that is submitted. And my fingers are crossed. I'm feeling good about it though- because I was able to mention Ashton Kutcher and wedding cakes- and if that doesn't scream "Hire me!" then I don't know what does!!!

Okay, I have to jet back home, or I am seriously going to miss my train to Madrid! t-minus 50 minutes til take-off! But I wanted to just post real quick, because it's been a while since I've talked to a lot of people, and I wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive and making it!! I will post again when I get back from Madrid!!

I love you all muchisimo!!!!
<3 Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment