Friday, March 25, 2011

Because 'stranger danger' is quite the understatement...

Fun fact of the day: My favorite tv station is the Disney Channel (second place goes to ABC family)

So Natalie and I travelled to Barcelona this past weekend together, which was amazing!!!!! The weather was beautiful and the city was cool. (although it was really touristy, and I think english may have been more common than castellano...) We went to this really cool park called park Guell which had the most amazing tiles (like mosaic esque tiles....work slash design of Gaudi maybe? I was really confused if he designed the park or what....) we also went shopping in Barcelona which was fun. I bought a dress.... what what?

Things that freaked me out about Barcelona...basically just the strangers in the hostel. They were totally legit, but I woke up in the morning with stranger feet a mere like 3 to 4 inches from my face....if any of you know my feelings about feet then you know what that was like for me...oh yeah, and someone stole my bed...so I had to take the most vulnerable bed of the hostel room...the bottom bunk right in front of the door...

Its kind of funny...I dont know if anyone else has stereotypes about Spain slash Europe like I did...but when I think of Spain I think of cathedrals and really really old buildings, I dont think of like modern cities...that´s what Barcelona was. Me and Natalie may or may not have galavanted (sp?) through the Barcelona streets singing Cheetah Girls (anyone who thinks they´re judging negatively right now...youre actually feeling jealous, and my advice is you get on youtube and watch¨´strut´ if you want to basically experience what we were doing)  (PS side note: Mrs. Hartmann, I´m really sorry that there hasn´t been a blog lately, I´m trying to catch up so that you can be updated on Natalie´s life... ;)  )

But that´s all for now about Barcelona. I want to put up pics but I will have to do it later, because I´m using the hotel computer... Hasta pronto!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment