Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hasta nunca pantalones de Saggy Butt!!

Hey there,

So before I talk about my weekend trip to Galicia, I'm going start with some advice, rather than a fun fact for the post: My advice is, if you are headed for an extended period of time to a place where you know you will be doing outrageous amounts of walking, you really should bring pants a size smaller than what you wear. I know you would probably think, hey I'm going to an established, commercial, and fashion-oriented country, so hey, I can just buy stuff there if need be...it's less fun than you might think.

Good news: I'm down two pants sizes from when I left the states.
Bad news: pants options. I think there exist 4 options for females who don't want to wear skirts or dresses:
1. tights under shorts- my opinion: dumb. It's not warm enough. And I think tights belong under skirts or dresses and not shorts.  (my afterthought: this would allow me to extend my no-shave timeframe by a good 2 months if I adopted this style trend...is that why people do it? Is the whole european female population ahead of me on that one?)
2. Skinny jeans (of the suffocating variety)- my opinion: There are pants that just no one looks good in. No one. It doesn't matter your size, shape, gender. If your pants are too tight that you have lost your ability to move in a normal manner, then you really shouldn't wear them.
3. skinny jeans (of the almost-breathable variety)- my opinion: I'm taking the 5th on this one...
4. cross-dressing- my opinion: the most desirable of the four, but also the least socially acceptable.

You are now reading the blog post of a proud owner of 2 pairs of the number 3 variety. These are the tightest pants I've ever owned. I would put a picture, but I'm hoping to lose another 10 lbs or so before anyone dare take a picture of me in those pants. (But honestly, Europe offers few pant-ing options, so its really not my fault!.)  --I just couldn't wear saggy-butt jeans anymore!! (and I dont know how much longer my friends could've tolerated me whining about my saggy-butt jeans)

I just re-read this and decided it's fairly long, and so I'm going to postpone my discussion of Galicia to tomorrow's blog! (because while I would love nothing more than to sit here blogging all day, I do have to finish reading a novel (only 60 pages more) before tomorrow)

Amor!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment