Monday, March 7, 2011

Dancing: the universal language

GREAT NEWS! In the cyclical relationship that I have with my hermanitos, we are currently in the good part of the cycle of mutual like and respect! Which means today I am very very happy!!! So I had this ribbon that had been tied around the flowers that I was keeping, because Im drying the flowers, but was going to re-tie them when they're dry. So I left the ribbon on my desk, but told Natalia she could borrow it because she needed something red to serve as a penalty flag while we played soccer. Well, without asking she went and cut it to fit size for what she wanted, so when she came back, and I saw it was cut, I was like, "oh no, you cut it?" and I was kind of expecting her to just be obnoxious, but instead she responded: "Ay Dios! Te valia?" which means like, 'oh my gosh, was it important/special to you?' and so I said yes, I was saving it, and she just got the saddest look on her face...she felt so bad, and started just apologizing a million times and saying she didn't realize it was special. Obviously I told her it was fine, and honestly it is fine. It made me so happy to see that she does care that she doesn't disrespect me or my things, because every now and again it does not seem to be the case.

Then we ate dinner (turkey sandwiches! THATS RIGHT---NOT HAM!!!!! :)  ) And after diner comes the highlight of my host family experience thus far: 2 straight hours of playing 'Just Dance' on Wii. (Sidenote: I don't normally brag, but I won almost every time...except for this stupid song called 'mashed potato time' which just had a god-awful rythm (if you can even call it that) that I could not master...) It's all english songs, which made it really fun!! They love the song 'girls just wanna have fun' and I think we did that dance 8-10 times. But I loved it. I really really hope that we get to play the dance game like every night from now on, that would just make my life so great!! It was so cool that even though I feel like the majority of the time we have serious communication issues, that that has no effect on our ability to have a ridiculously good time dancing together!

Anyhow I gotta jet home in case we get to dance again!! Oh and, I forgot about giving fun facts about myself last blog, right after I said I was going to in each blog, so two fun facts:

1. I love dried mango but I ABHOR fresh mango (it literally makes me gag)
2. I hate vanilla scented things- air fresheners, candles etc...I think it's overwhelming and I sometimes get nauseous if there's a continual vanilla scent (ie; those air fresheners that continuously spray)

all righty thats all for now!!
abrazos,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment