Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daytrip to Arribes

Let me tell you about the most awesome daytrip ever...It started off with a 2 hour boat ride down the river separating Portugal and Spain...All I need to say about that is: GORGEOUS!!

We also passed this green covered rock face which had a '2' on it...legend has it that if you are a girl and you don't see the 2, you're never getting married. But have no fears, friends, I did see the 2 :) (Giovanna wasn't so happy with the '2' situation...)

Next up we went to a Vinyard and tasted wine slash got an informative tour of the production process line (whatever you call that...) in the winery. (and tried the wine)


After that, it was lunch time! (Yum) And the highlight of my dining experience: Jeff broke a wine glass; the stem just snapped...The most terrified look right at Javier...bahahahahahahahaha mental image which I hope will last forever! (sorry Jeff)


Next up we headed to this like underground wine-society winery. That was so cool. I don't like wine that much, but I still want an underground wine distillery...it was soooo cool. (Perhaps this is what the Wake tunnels really are....is that why they don't let us in?)

We finished off the day with a museum-esque visit, and a trip to the dam. So pretty!! I loved Arribes!!
(I mean, just look how happy I was!)
Anyhow, exam manana!! (Y paper for tuesday!) so I must be off!

Abrazos,
Rachel

Oh yeah, PS: Fun fact of the day: I don't really like watching movies without doing something (I get bored and lose interest)...so I normally make friendship bracelets, crochet or work on homework in front of the tv if a movie's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment