Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I think I forgot this is still school...

This week I have all of a sudden just hit a wall of stress and now that wall is just crumbling down right on top of me! Classes haven't been easy til this point, but it's a different kind of hard than I'm used to- and it's kind of hard to explain. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the volume of work had been less, but having it in a different language added a lot of difficulty. But this week feels a lot like the Wake load I'm used to...I just printed out my 6 page movie analysis which is due tomorrow, and now I have to prepare a 15 minute oral presentation on modernism (which I'm giving tomorrow.uh oh)...I think it's a struggle to talk about something that long in english, so I am feeling extremely anxious about this experience... Which- weirdest thing; I get SO self-concious about speaking in spanish in classes. It feels weird, because when I have classes in english I have no issue speaking up and giving my opinions, but now basically everytime I answer a question my voice gets shaky and I feel myself turn red. I do not like that very much. (And I don't really know why it happens) I also have yet to begin studying for my Spanish Literature midterm (which is Thursday). Then next week I have 2 more midterms and a paper due, and the week after that another paper and another midterm. THINGS ARE GETTING CRAZY!!!

Okay, sorry about that, just had to let that out of me. It's the first time that I've really felt stress and anxiety linked to work since I've been here, and I'm not a fan. But come friday morning (after I submit my Art hw), I'm gonna be feeling much better!

What has been great is the internet that has been reaching my room the past 3-4 days...It's sad because I'm fairly confident that that is not going to function for much longer...but I'm making the most of it while it's there! It's outrageously slow, but yet so enjoyable nonetheless!

Anyhow, I gotta go put together a slideshow on modernism, so ttfn!
Hasta pronto!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment