Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Catching up on Galicia trip!

Hey there,

So I never did talk about Galicia, which did seem like a very important thing to catch up on!! We spent the entire weekend travelling through Galicia (the province up in the Northwest, above Portugal). It was such a great trip! We did a lot of touring Cathedrals and what not. (which were beautiful, don't get me wrong...I'm a little bit cathedral-ed out at this point) I think Javier knows we've basically reached our limit with cathedrals... how do we know this? Well, he planned us a boat trip, which basically involved a few hours on a boat with mussels and wine. Oh heyyy. And we also went to a "chocolate museum" which basically translated to listening for 5 mins about the history of chocolate making in Spain, and then eating chocolate...so that was amazing. We also went to Coruna where I caught up with the lovely Kelsey Cappetta and Nora Marino. (oh heyyy) . Okay some Galicia pics:

Hercules Tower!
My first mussell...I know, attractive!!!

<3 <3 <3

 Let me tell you about the higlight of my Spain experience thus far: You may remember a certain goal I set a few weeks back, regarding learning the "Waka Waka" Zumba dance...Well friends, let me tell you, I did that successfully. The highlight...while we were on our boat, all of a sudden they start playing it. Boom. I danced the Waka Waka (full dance) on the top deck of this boat. Photographic evidence:
Waka Waka :)
  Javier seemed to flash a couple dirty looks my way...I think he may have thought I was slightly intoxicated...nope. That was a 1000% sober decision and dance...which normally I probably wouldn;t have the confidence to dance in front of about 25 people, but this was one of those opportunities that you just gotta seize! Wanna see what my mood is like at this moment?
Sheer joy and excitement :)
Why am I filled with sheer joy? I basically have a weekend with no work, to be spent with two wonderful friends in the lovely land of GENEVA, SWITZERLAND!!!!!! Oh heyyy!!!We're gonna hopefully knock some bucket list goals off! (Oh in case I didnt mention it, I started a bucket list...so far its about 40 items strong!) Additionally, we will hopefully be intaking massive amounts of swiss chocolate (yummmmmm).
Today, in this moment, life is perfect. Absolutely perfect. How did I get to be so lucky? I won't be posting again until Monday! So have a beautiful weekend!

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment