Thursday, January 20, 2011

El Museo de Toreros

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at a Bullfighting Museum. Bullfighting is a huge part of Spanish culture, which somewhat surprises me, because it just seems so cruel, which makes me think it would havebeen elimiated by now. They fight to kill the bulls, and then the fighters will recieve the ears and tail (depending on how well they perform) as a trophy. We might go to a bullfight a little later in the semester when it gets warmer in Seville. It was interesting to learn all about bullfighting, but I'm no sure how enthusiastic I am about watching it...

I think there were probably 10-15 bull heads on the wall in this museum (it was pretty small, so that was a lot...).
On a completely different note, when I got home last night at about 9:20 I walked into the apartment and Natalia instantly ran to me and asked if we could go into my room to color. She made me a nametag card where she wrote 'Raquel' in bubble letters and then did designs all around it. (so cute!) I made her a card that had a crayon picture of an ocean sunset. She went and showed her parents and they called me into the kitchen. They told me that they sell paintings at their store, and that I should do that in water colors and they would sell it. Bahahaha. (I mean it was a quality crayon drawing...but I don't think it is worthy of being sold, and I also don't think I can master watercolors...but still, I love it when people think I'm artistically talented).  Oh, and then, me and Natalia returned to my room to color more and she asked me what the name of my best friend is. So I told her. Then she asked me to write it on a piece of paper, because she wanted to make her a picture. Why would she want to? Because she said she wanted to make something for my best friend. :) <3 !!!!!!! She made it, and then she asked me if I will please send it to her. She started asking me if my friend will like it, and will she think it's pretty, will she put it on the wall? I love last night. I love everything about last night. And yes Natalia, she will love it!! (is what I told her). I am just filled with joy right now, and I wish I could just devote my semester to coloring with Natalia, (curses to having class and hw!!).

Well, I'm off to meet my professors! Hasta pronto!

Amor,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment