Thursday, January 6, 2011

Adios Estados Unidos!

 
So, it's my last night in New Hampshire! (And my last night in the states, more specifically...or less specifically, if we're being technical) It's really weird though, it still seems kind of unreal. I mean, I've finally come to terms with the fact that, yes, I am leaving and going to Spain, but my brain can't comprehend that the next time after tonight that I go to bed it will be at a host family's house. I can't completely wrap my mind around this concept of stepping off that plane and not speaking English (with the exception, of course, of occasionally cheating and talking to the other Wake students in English...but I'm planning on trying to avoid that). And while I think I'm prepared as much as I could possibly be, I'm still feeling unsettled.
I have that feeling where I'm forgetting something, and I'm scared I'm going to get to Spain and have that horrible moment where I realize that what I needed to bring the most is sitting on my desk in my room. But I think I have packed and repacked so many times, that there's no way I can be forgetting something of too much importance.
For a while I was toying with the idea of staying up all night to clean up my room and make any last minute additions to my carry on bag, but instead, I think I will be heading to bed to get some shut-eye before heading to the airport in the morning. (eek) Next blog will be from la magnifica, Espana!

Paz y Amor!

 :) Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment