Friday, January 21, 2011

Class Complete!!

Woohoo! I have finished the two week intensive Spanish course. For two weeks we have been trucking away at history, politics, grammar, and the culture of Spain. (Which was interesting, but a lot of dense material) We had an exam on all the material today...I may or may not have said the capital of Galicia was actually a painter...oops. (good thing it's a pass/fail class!)

So this weekend we're headed off to Madrid and we get to stay til Tuesday! (And then when we come back we start all our classes on Wednesday). We have a quite busy itinerary for Madrid, including el Museo del Prado, El Escorial, a bus tour of the entire city, Palacio Real, and a bunch of other things that I can't remember at this time. I'm excited to go and see everything! (Another highlight: I intend to take a very very very long shower!)

Oh, I had a funny encounter the other day. I met someone and they asked me if I was English or American, and I said I was from the states. Their response, "ohh, Obama!!!". I didn't know how I was supposed to respond, so I was just like "yep".
His follow up, "are you from NY?"
me:"No, I'm from NH"
him: "oh, cool. Do you know the blond girl from Nashville that plays guitar and sings?"
me: "Yes, yes I do"

That was such an odd conversation. I think he just threw everything he knew about the US into one convo, even though there was really no connection or flow within the convo. But I love those conversations. Plus anyone who's gonna mention Taylor Swift=automatic new friend.

Well, I'm off to go pack and prepare, and then make the long haul to Carrefour to buy a battery charger since mine no longer functions (thank you converter...)! And then heading to Madrid bright and early tomorrow! (so no more posts until Wednesday!) I hope you have a joyous weekend!!

Mucho Amor!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment