Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Past few days in Salamanca

One more day of class, and then I'm off to Valencia for the weekend!! I feel like such a traveller...It's really cool to just be able to buy a ticket and go somewhere. I think it will be even cooler when I have a strong income source in the future, and then hopefully I can do this all the time in the States!

The little monsters struck again this week...They came into my room and I was doing my reading, so they asked if they could use my computer to use paint, so I said sure. They both layed on my bed with their feet basically on my pillow (for those of you who know how I feel about feet, this was a little rough...but I was good, I kept my cool with the feet situation). I had my feet up on the foot of the bed (and disclaimer, I was wearing socks, I was neither barefoot nor with shoes on, so really there was no issue) but the little tots are like "Rachel, get your feet off the bed!" And I was like, "why?" and they told me that feet are stinky...and I told them my feet were not stinky (cuz they weren't) and that their feet were also on the bed...response: "Rachel, do you know whose house this is? This is our house. This is OUR room. This is OUR bed. This is not YOUR bed"  my response: "Well, I'm the one who's sleeping here" their response:"that doesn't matter". I did not remove my feet from the bed, but I nearly kicked them out of my room. Then Ruben threw a ball at my computer and I just yelled his name, which I think scared him so he left (thank goodness). At this point I was quite flustered and unhappy, but it turned around so quick...why? Well, Natalia clicked on a song to play and started dancing in my room...so this very quickly turned into a dance to Miley Cyrus and Kesha party...which was really really great!! She said she wanted to pick a song (mind you, she neither reads nor understands English...). So the random song that she chose to blast from my bedroom was "Crazy B****" by Buckcherry...I didn't really know what to do with that situation...I was a little regretful at this point that I ever added that song to the library...and I also was really really hoping that no one in the house had ever learned english swears...cuz that would make this song quite a doozy...I tried to change it and she got really really upset, so I left it on...It was kind of funny in retrospect, but at the time, I was extremely uncomfortable...

Yesterday was a rough day in terms of meals...lunch was paella. Which is absolutely delcious in the chicken variety! But this variety had squid and shrimp with eyes legs and antennae all still intact. So that was an experience...Then dinner they started off with pate (its actually called pate mousse). (I like to think of this as whipped hotdog...Im pretty sure that's what it is. Its what it tastes like, its what it looks like...gag) So I tried like a tiny bit and was like, okay, that's enough of that. They tried to convince me to have more, but I was not gonna do that. Next dish was pizza. I had one piece of this sausage spinach pizza (which was decent) and then Jesus tried to give me a piece of ham and hotdog pizza...I couldn't do it...I just had reached my limit of eating foods that I don't like. There's this special insult for people don't eat a lot; something like 'comizque' or something like that. I think it's like how you might joke and be like, "gosh are you anorexic?" but they just say this word over and over and over. Then Natalia threatened to call my parents and tell them then I don't eat in Spain. And she told me they are going to be very mad at me. Mom and Dad, please forgive me for not eating anymore hotdog products last night...! 

But today is Wednesday, which is my second favorite day after Friday! So I have half an hour of productivity left and then Bible study!! And then I'm gonna do some more hw and get ready for Valencia!! Huzzah!! I think my mood gets bipolar here, but I think in a good way. Like I love that when the kids are absolutely obnoxious, that after an hour or so I'm good with them again. I love that when things are stressful the next day they're good again!

That's all for now!
Hasta manana!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment