Friday, February 25, 2011

One of those Fridays (again! :) )

I slept in until about 10:30 or 11:00 this morning (and yep, I took two cups of coffee!! YUMMM) and then showered (so that I could feel like I had done something productive...) and then went back to my room and made a friendship bracelet while watching The Blind Side. SOOOOOO GOOOOOD! Then I went to the flower store and got Maite some flowers because I just thought it was a good idea. Best moment of that experience....passing this little boy who was probably 3 years old and was saying "hola" to everyone who he and his mom passed. So I said "hola" back and then he told me that the flowers were pretty. precious little child!! Me and Maite had lunch together and then I headed to the centro to be "productive"...So basically I watched the waka waka dance about 8 times, and since then have been listening to a nice blend of Hillsong (spanish style) and HSM songs...yeah I know, I know...comments not welcome!

Last night I went to EnVivo for the first time, and let me tell you--I loved it!!! For those who go to Wake imagine STS moves into a nicer version of Campus grounds and in addition to all the wonderfulness that is STS- adds in a skit and then has post-service mingling with desserts and coffee! (what what?!?!) [STS is a student-run campus ministry kind of thing at Wake which I just love...]  Also, lets talk for a hot second about Hillsong (spanish style).I.love.hillsong! Anyone who knows spanish, or enjoys great non-english music should check out the song "Es tiempo" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmbakvPEWbI 
It has lyrics so you can sing along! (Is that what I've been doing for about 30 mins?...yes, yes it is) Have I finished my internship application that I wanted to finish before I did anything else today....well...good thing they have internet cafes everywhere, yeah?

Also, for those of you who don't have facebook, you should know that my weekend goal is to learn the Waka Waka (Zumba edition) dance before the end of the weekend...so if you all wanna keep your fingers crossed that that goes well...that'd be great!

Okay, off to be productive!! Have a beautiful weekend!

Amor,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment