Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day, don't let it get away!!! (thanks U2)

On really great days I just play the same songs through my head over and over again. (I normally put New Day-Chi Rho, Brand New Day- Josh Radin, Beautiful Day- U2, and then some Kesha on repeat through my mind...) And so it was only appropriate to label this post accordingly.

So the day started a little questionable...I had the most awkward class that I can remember having...we were discussing a specific Spanish poem...and let me just say, if someone's like, 'oh hey, wanna read some spanish poetry?' I would probably advise you to steer clear...granted, I didn't really get to choose whether to read it or not. But I'm just sayin...things get weird in poetry.

Finished class and I went home and what did we have for lunch?...Tongue...it actually tastes totally fine- like flavor-wise it's good...texture-wise it's odd...appearance-wise: gag. You can see the taste buds and like nasty little tongue dots...they just don't appear like something that should be eaten. But I am alive and well, and the day only gets better from there!!

After lunch I was finishing up a friendship bracelet I had started for Natalia, and she came in to my room. She sat down and we chit-chatted for a little bit, and then she asked if I would play "mommies and babies" aka 'house' and  so I said sure. I guess she was expecting me to say no, because she got really really excited. Which made it awfully fun. Also, Spanish house is a lot more low-key then any type of house I've played before...how do you play 'mommies and babies' you ask? well, the baby (doll) goes to sleep and then you sit and do whatever you were doing (so I make my friendship bracelet and she colors) then every once in a while Natalia tells you the baby is crying so you pick it up for 10 seconds and then she informs you that it's sleeping again, so you put it back on the bed. Yep, thats the game... (Oh I forgot to mention that she's home sick today...sad...but we got to play, so that was good...I know I know, you usually avoid sickies, but she's just so precious even in her ill form!) 

After we were done playing we talked a little bit more. I told her I was staying here in Salamanca this weekend and she got really excited again. I said if the weather was nice I might go to the 'Jesuit park' aka this really awesome park with a zipline and a climbing tower and just all kinds of great park things...and she said she wanted to go. So she asked if she could come and told me she wanted to roller-blade. Then she started rambling and saying something that I couldn't at all comprehend. So she slowed down and said it again, but I was still a little bit in the dark...so she said the verb again and then just clutched my hand...she was saying that I have to hold her hand so that she won't fall. But can I just say, this moment was one of those precious moments where she just clutched my hand and looked up and smiled before she explained anything and it was literally the most precious wonderful moment of this Spain experience. If I had a moment like that every day, I am fairly confident that nothing could happen to destroy my mood.

Then I returned to the Centro to do homework...which basically translates to me being on facebook, skype, blog, and just talking to all my friends...Which sounds like a waste of time, but really I am just through the roof with sheer joy today. We booked three future trips this week including destinations of: Switzerland, Barcelona, and Porto (in Portugal). So I feel basically on top of the world right now. I'm pretty sure it isn't gravity keeping me down right now...its the force of my nagging latin america and business homework. But I'm okay with that! Because today, just like every day, is a day that I am blessed to have, and no amount of work can take away my knowledge of that!!

I love you all very very much!!!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment