Monday, February 7, 2011

Good old Salamanca weekend!!

One of my good friends from high school came to Salamanca this weekend and we did lots of exploring through the city. And then boom! Another one of my good high school friends coincidentally is in Salamanca (what?). Basically, I think what it boils down to is that Salamanca is amazing and people just flock here!! Highlights of the weekend: Picnic in Plaza Mayor (twice), finding this BEAUTIFUL park (which has a zipline...so yeah, that's basically gonna be my free time for the next 3 months), finding this pizza place with great wine! [Because nothing feels classier than pizza and wine (!)] Discovering that I can rent a bike for an entire year (or the remainder of the semester) for only 20 Euros! Exploring by the Roman Bridge...and last but not least: SO MANY PASTRIES!! (this would be a great moment for me to say that I am so glad that I do so much walking otherwise I legitimitely would've probably gained like 5 lbs this weekend).

At the AWESOME PARK!!!


Roman Bridge

Oh, something else really random, but just great: even though I've never exchanged more than a few sentances with the boy who lives the floor below me, I've decided we're friends. Why? Well, opening the apartment door is a real struggle...like the key gets stuck and I can't open the door. A few times I literally have spent like 5 mins. out there just trying to open the door. So one time I was coming home for lunch and I had this situation and he came up behind me and said hello and everything and I struggled a little bit more, and then just apologized and asked him to do it. So he did. Now for the past week and a half or so, everytime that I come back the door has been just barely open (you can practically close the door, but not let it latch if you do it carefully). So great! Stranger from downstairs, thank you for understanding my inability to manage a door...I am soooo grateful!!!

In other news: one of my classes today was GREAT! The professor said, "good" after one of my comments...that was such positive affirmation! I have a paper due in that class in 2 weeks, and I intend for it to be the best paper I have ever written in my life...I will maintain my "good" standing! HUZZAH!!! (Now I just have to work on earning that level of achievement in my other classes...)

Anyhow, homework time!! Hasta pronto!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment