Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Life is goooooood

Fun fact: I am a craft-a-holic. But if I try and do a project that is too ambitious, I end up doing half of it and then leaving it. The amount of unfinished afghans, unfinished cross-stitching patterns, latch hook rug thingies, hats, pillows, etch arts etc etc is just mind blowing. For this reason, I do much better with smaller craft items.

Anyhowwwww....I spent this past weekend in Mallorca! Three musketeers with some irish persuasion! BOOM! (that sounds better with asian...cuz of the rhyme factor...but go with it) Let me tell you about an experience called: I spent the weekend in PARADISE!!! 2 days at the beach and one day on an excursion to the porto cristo and to the pearl factory and to the Caves of Drach... I'm pretty sure that every magazine picture of paradise is probably taken in Mallorca. Never have I seen water so clear and beautiful (with a wonderful bluish green coloring...sighhhhhh)

Everyone is so nice in Mallorca too! They all told us how fantastic our spanish was (I think they get used to the tourism, and so any spanish is nice for them to hear). They also would then continue to converse with you because they were happy with  hearing spanish. I loved it. LOVED IT!!! Unfortunately, in the German part of town, spanish really did no good. But german home baked pretzels certainly did us lots of good :)





Did I happen to buy some Mallorcan pearls?...No comment.

Oh, and on another note, EXCITING NEWS!!!! My internship search is all over. I have accepted my internship for the summer. Drum roll, drum roll: I am going to be spending 6-8 weeks this summer down in Nicaragua working to develop marketing plans for elderly homes :)  I am SOOOOO pumped. It was a stressful process trying to figure out internship plans while abroad, but let me tell you, all the stress was well worth it. It was so hard to turn down the internship I was offered in Winston a month or so back, but now, it kind of all makes sense. It all now helps me to remember that I truly do think everything happens for a reason. I wish I was better at remembering these sorts of things in times of stress, and not just realizing them after-the-fact. Oh well. Better late than never! I am so excited to start finding out all the specifics of my internship, and will certainly keep you all posted! (And hey, maybe even start a new blog...who knows.)

Anyhow, that's all for now. Off to my 12-pager (eek)

With muchooooo love,
Rachel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment