Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Internship Update

fUN fact of the day: I give pretty good advice- but I am horrible at following advice

Let me tell you about my life these days...I got an internship offer with a company in advertising/sales down in Winston for the summer. Oh man, ecstatic is an understatement of how I felt in that moment. Can I just tell you, the feeling of applyin, getting through two rounds of interviews and then being chosen for a position you want feels really really great. That positive affirmation that someone has enough faith in you that they want you to represent their company...idk, that just, it feels good.

But um, there were a couple things about this internship that really weren't the best for me, and I was slightly blinded by optimism and happiness (not to mention living in Winston for the summer....oh heyyy), that I wasn't thinking necessarily about what would be best for my future career goals or for my internship experience. So today before lunch I rejected the position offer.

It never felt so bad to get something that I really really wanted. Oh yeah, something I left out...I had applied to 4 internships, and this was the only one I heard back from...so basically I turned down an offer, and have nothing to fall back on. The worst feeling is turning your back on a sure thing without having a fallback...from the hours of about 2 PM til about 10 mins ago I've been in a bit of a slump. (Did I consume upwards of 1000 calories in the form of tostitos and guacamole...I don't wanna talk about it!...)

The past 12 hours have been filled with a lot of second guessing and fear that I'm going to end up not getting an internship and not graduate on time and all kinds of crazy thoughts. Beautiful news though: my unsecure network internet is functioning tonight...So I checked my facebook and e-mail and everything, and I had an e-mail waiting for me that they will be conducting interviews this week for one of the other internships I applied for if I'm still interested. I turned that application in a few weeks ago, and thought it might be a lost cause, but in this moment, I feel so at peace. Who knows if I'll get this one...(I mean lets all keep our fingers crossed and maybe put in a few words with the big guy, if you do that) but, I just kind of had that overwhelmed conviction that everything happens for a reason.

Good things are in the making! We just have to wait patiently to find out what that means. (I'm really bad at heeding my own advice there...but I'm gonna try my best!)

Welp, I'm off to Andalucia tomorrow for our Spring Break (booyah) so I have no idea when I'll be posting again. So with all the love in my heart!!

Hasta Luego
<3 Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment